Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Rubber Stamper

As you may not have heard, The Rubber Stamper Magazine has been sold to Amos Craft Publishing, publishers of Crafts n Things. That means that effective Friday, Oct. 5th I will be out of a job.

I will be applying for unemployment on Monday the 8th then will start work on redoing my studio. Painting, wood floor and new cabinets. I would love to continue what I've been doing, even freelance, but will have to wait and see what door opens.

I feel very blessed to have worked with wonderful designers and stampers, getting to know them. I have also been blessed to work some wonderful people at the magazine. Jill, the editor-in-chief has been great to work with, encouraging me to write. She has been a joy to work for. Barbara, the assistant to the publisher does a lot of everything and has a laugh that lights up a room. Thank you, both of you.

I've been a reader of the magazine since the first issue and have worked for the magazine for the last 5. It was truly my dream job and I've enjoyed going to work every day, despite the hour commute each way. At least I will now have time to stamp.

9 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

can you hear me screaming? I'm so sad! The Rubber Stamper is thee best magazine for stampers....

Kriss said...

I'm sure we're going to see great things from you! I will miss TRS and working with you, but who knows what the future holds!

Lisa Somerville said...

Chris - I wish you the best. It's been great working with you on my submissions with TRS.

Andrea said...

Wow Chris, good luck going forward! I'm sad to hear your situation, I love the mag and always thought you did a great job.

toners said...

Chris, I am so sorry! I wish you the best and thank you for the time you took working with me on my submisions for publication in TRS. Good luck!

Toni Armstrong

Kathi said...

Chris,
{{((hugs))}}

You've been a pleasure to work with on my submissions to the magazine.

Thank you so much.

Enjoy working on your stamping room!

Cathy M said...

Wow this seems to be going on every where these days. I lost my job the same way. But with prayers and faith I know I will be ok. My outlook is...there is a reason for everything, we just don't know what it is. One door closes and another one opens. It's usually better then the door that closed. They really losted a very talented ad creative stamper. The next place you go will be so lucky to have you. Have fun getting your stamping room together and hope to see alot of new projects on your blog.
cmeyers@hughes.net

Anonymous said...

{{{CHRISTINE}}} I am so sorry that means your out of a job!! Thanks for being so sweet! :)

liannallama said...

(((HUGS))) to you! That was a great mag and I'm sorry it's gone and it is sad to know you lost your job too!