Monday, May 23, 2011

Training

So, I did not do the Broad Street Run because of knee problems. Biking is good for my knees so I do plan to ride the Delaware & Raritan Canal this summer, 33.90 miles. Unfortunately a lot of it is dirt trail and with all the rain we have had, it gets very muddy. The next 10 days are expected to have 9 days with rain so the bike riding is on hold.

To get in shape for riding, I decided to walk around the building where I work. I keep my sneakers in the car and walk after work. If it's raining I can use my umbrella. Forgot my pedometer today, but it took me 9 minutes to walk around the building. Of course, as soon as I got to my car after walking, the sun came out. By the time I got home, it was dark clouds again and looking like it was going to rain.

No comments: