Sunday, October 21, 2007

Breast Cancer Walk

















I was planning to do the 3Day, 60 mile breast cancer walk 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I was unable to raise the entire $2200 and with me losing my job, I could not make up the remaining $700.
I had a t-shirt that I sent around the US and Canada to stampers who had appeared in TRS. They stamped the shirt and I was planning on wearing it on the walk. There are several Race for the Cure scheduled for our area in 2008 and I plan to do those and wear the shirt.
The women who participated in the t-shirt project are: Becky Chabot, Sanford, ME; Kriss Cramer, East Fallowfield, PA; Candy Davis, Nazareth, PA; Kerry McConnell, Chicora, PA; Elizabeth Allan, Charlevoix, MI; Sarah Vrolyk, Rockford, IL; Sue Langbecker, Baraboo, WI; Barbara Hache, East St. Paul, MB; Lisa Spangler, Austin, TX; Laura Griffin, Dallas, TX; Rosemary Marino, Safety Harbor, FL; Kathie McCracken Seaverns, Clearwater, FL; Mary Bassett, Orlando, FL; Stephanie Loomis, Marietta, GA; Lynn Roberts, Columbia, TN; and Linda Hess, Stafford, VA. Thank you to all of you, you did a great job!!

6 comments:

skylark knits said...

So neat to see all the beautiful additions to the shirts! Sorry to hear that you weren't able to participate. I hope your mom continues to improve. Have a wonderful weekend, Chris!

Mrs L said...

The shirts turned out wonderfully and I'm glad I gt to be part of the artwork! You'll walk---mommas come first!

Kriss said...

The shirt looks great. Sorry to hear about your Mom -- hopefully she is improving each day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
It's wonderful to see the final shirts.I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to walk.
I hope that your mom is doing okay.It's hard when a loved one is sick.
I love that you have a blog and it will be great to see your stamp room as it evolves.
:-) Barbara

Mary said...

Hi Chris,
The shirt looks gorgeous and I'm sure you will have the opportunity to wear it. Thank you for allowing me to participate in the making of these shirts.
I was saddened to hear that the Rubber Stamper had "sold out". You did your job well and I know someone will see that. Enjoy your time off because you probably will be back working before you know it!!
My thoughts and prayers are always with you. Much love, Mary Bassett

Becky Conley said...

This was a project that I will never forget participating, the finished shirt looks GREAT! Wear it well next year. Congrats to all the ladies that contributed art, and those survivors. visit me @ www.beckychabot.blogspot.com